“The yogic journey guides us from our periphery, the body, to the center of our being, the soul.” --BKS Iyengar, Light on Life
The yoga tradition gives us a path towards clarity of mind and openness of heart. As practitioners, we learn to access our own inner light through this path and its tools.
In the Devotional Path Yoga Studies Program, Sarah Montross will give you a thorough grounding in the alignment principles of the asana practice; the foundational core of the yoga philosophy; and a well-rounded curriculum to navigate your journey as a student or teacher.
About the program
This six week program is designed to provide you with the knowledge, technical understanding and confidence to deepen your yoga studies. Every immersive weekend will move you forward on your path. You will leave the program conversant with the core philosophical ideas of yoga, an in-depth understanding of each category of asanas, and anatomy that is immediately applicable to your practice and to teaching yoga.
If you are a teacher you can expect:
- A grounding in the yoga philosophy that will free you up to study and teach these concepts naturally to your students
- A rich study of the asanas that you can immediately apply to how you practice, and how you see and teach your students
- Clear core anatomy that you can apply to how you cue and assist your students, as well as how you understand your own body
- Continuing education credits with the Yoga Alliance
If you are a yoga practitioner looking to deepen your practice you can expect:
- Deep yet approachable study of the core philosophical concepts of yoga and how they apply to your life
- Exploration of each category of asanas to help you practice with clarity and depth
- Clear core anatomy teachings that help you understand what’s happening at the anatomical level in your asana practice
About Sarah Montross:
Sarah is a 500-hour Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT 500, YAECP) who has practiced and studied yoga since 2002 and has been teaching since 2007. She received her 200-hour certification from Laughing Lotus Yoga Center and her 500-hour certification from Yogamaya, both in New York City. She believes that teaching yoga is a sacred service to humanity. Through translating powerful philosophical concepts into modern and relatable language, she innovates yoga for today’s student. Sarah has an innate understanding of the body that lets her share sharp, impactful cues that move her students forward in their practice at their own pace. She approaches the traditions with awe and reverence while letting go of dogma that doesn’t serve to move her and her students in the direction of yoga.
Schedule & Location:
The program will be conducted at BIG Power Yoga-Montrose with the exception of the final weekend, which will be held at the Memorial location. The weekend hours for the first five weekends are:
- Friday 6-9 PM
- Saturday and Sunday 10 AM -5 PM; lunch will be from 12-1
The final weekend hours are:
- Friday 6-9 PM
- Saturday and Sunday 12-5 PM
- August 2-4
- August 16-18
- August 23-25
- September 13-15
- September 20-22
- October 25-27
Early Bird Tuition: $1350 *must be paid in full by June 1 - Standard Tuition: $1500 *due by Friday July 26th
Please note the cancellation policy: By the program start date: full refund less $300 non-refundable, non-transferable deposit After the start date of the program, there is no tuition or deposit refund. If there are extenuating circumstances, they will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Requirements and Application:
This program is available for students that have been consistent yoga practitioners for at least 6 months. It is recommended that you have practiced with Sarah at least 10 times prior to the program. Please request an application from email@example.com.